Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday Evening

It's Friday 5.30 pm. Right in the middle of my favourite time of the week. I love Friday afternoon/evenings as the greatness of the weekend awaits me. I love when something great is ahead of me, so much possibility!
Today the words of Dianna Agron inspired me. She plays Quinn on one of my favourite TV shows GLEE. Her words today were on the importance of acceptance for all...
here is just some of what she said...

"I was not raised in a family that accepted prejudice or hatred. For that, I thank my Mom and Dad each and every day. Look, we are human, we make mistakes. I will gladly shout from the rooftops that I AM NOT PERFECT. Nor will I ever be. But I can happily say that to my knowledge, I do not ever intentionally cause people pain. I love my family, my friends, my co-workers…and they all consist of girls AND boys. I do tell them that I love them. Yesterday, during our second show, Instead of wearing my usual shirt during “Born This Way” I decided to wear one that said “Likes Girls”. It should actually have read, “Loves Girls”, because I do. The women in my life give me things that the men in my life can’t. And vice-versa. No, I am not a lesbian, yet if I were, I hope that the people in my life could embrace it whole-heartedly. And let me tell you, I can easily spill (quite comfortably) what I admire, respect and think is beautiful about any of the women in my life. Piece of cake!"

No comments:

Post a Comment