Saturday, June 18, 2011

Welcome to my blog

Welcome!
Hello, greetings, hey, whats up?, howdy, g'day, Bonjour, whats crack-a-lackin?, hola, what d'ya know?
However you say it I appreciate you being here. I guess that's the thing I am saying with this blog. Words have power!
Even the way you say hello can determine the nature of a whole conversation. I play a game with my drama students where they have to greet people as old friends, as someone they don't like, as mortal enemies, as family etc etc. They know that each different scenario requires different words and emotions.
The purpose of this blog will be to share words that have impacted me. Recently I have started my own business creating Typography Prints featuring powerful words and mantras. It began with a Family Rules Print. The words spoke to me. They created the image of the family I wanted my children and my husband and I to aspire to. We're not perfect but I think we should always strive to be.
The range has continued from there. All feature some sort of quote or words. Some are quotes that have touched me, others are created by me, all are words that have power.

So I will post quotes etc that grab my attention or stop me for just a moment, impacting me for that second. Hopefully they will resonate with you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment